Monday, September 1, 2014

For a long time I have wanted to learn to do needleturn applique, and been an admirer of Kim McLeans quilts, and was lucky enough to get into one of her classes at the Taupo {NZ} Symposium last year. Had a lovely day learning to do needleturn and admiring Kims quilts"in the flesh" as it were, and being glad that I hadn't jumped in the deep end by trying Pandemonium first up!
And twelve months later here is the reult of that day, I have so much enjoyed making this top, which is off to be quilted soon. Oh, the outer border has since been added. The hardest part was cutting and joining all the 2 1/2" square, some dont quite match, but they are my Amish pieces. I have no idea what will happen when it is finally finished, probably join all my other quilts stacked on beds and chairs around the house!


12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. How lucky to take one of her classes and see the quilts in person. I think you made prompt progress within the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a privilege to be at her class, and seeing her quilts was mindblowing, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely. Your fussy cuts are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! Now that you are proficient at needleturn, just think of all the other Kim designs you can make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful, your fabric choices perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!!! Love your colour choices, great fabrics to work with aren't they? Glad you enjoyed the class in Taupo, I enjoyed it too, meeting you ladies there. I had a wonderful 3 days teaching lovely people. NZ is always enjoyable, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time +Talent = treasure. Your work is both stunning and inspiring. Thanks you for sharing it. May you and your family enjoy if forever.. Please let us see it when it is quilted. PP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful indeed! I also made the Lollipop pattern and what I did for the squares was to make varied strips sets and them cut them into 2 1/2" width. Worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your finished top is wonderful. Have to laugh as this pattern is my first Kim McLean purchase, alas I have not started it, so you can see why I think your quilt top is wonderful.....it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! I have only purchased my pattern for this quilt last month. I pulled the patyern out and am a little intimidated. Thank younfor sharing!

    ReplyDelete