Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Kelli

 Two rows of happiness!
A strangely angled, but happy Kelli
 Pure bliss
 'insert gooey witty comment here'
Have I told you lately how much I love this quilt? I could probably count the ways, but don't want to bore you too much with my words of woo.  These babies are all basted down, ready for the sewing machine. I love this fabric, you can fussy cut it, or not, and it still looks good.  You might think I spend all my time quilting, well I don't :) I love variety, I have made a start on Pandamonium, I am using the freezerpaper/starch method for this one, why? I think the big shapes will work just fine with this method, and I can't possibly do a mix of methods, my brain won't let me, maybe there is a method in my madness?? Hang on, madness in my method?? Here is one of my other loves.....Crochet
I just finished this sweetness, the colour gives me goosebumps! I was trying for a type of colour wheel wash, but it is kind of rainbow, aren't rainbows a colour wheel? Dunno, I think I will stop thinking about it and go crosseyed from looking at this psychedelic fire and ice wave...till next time quilting fans....... xx Kelli

21 comments:

  1. Kelli its looking magnificent, I felt the same way about mine, still do , but i won't let myself to begin another (Pandemonium)until my Flower Garden is quilted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Sheila, I am just a bower bird that is drawn to shiny (new) things, I have fun with all my projects, finishing them isn't the goal (maybe it should be, I think I can hear my husband LOL)Looking forward to seeing your Flower Garden:)

      Delete
  2. I love all your colors. I am trying very hard to stick to just my Flower Garden project. Kim's patterns are so fun it's tough to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great borders. I am still working on my last one. I also love this quilt. I can't wait to see yours finished. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures, thank you for sharing, your quilt looks as happy as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, I am having a good time documenting and sharing this quilt with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Kelli! That was quick, getting all those borders done, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, wonderful Kelli! I can't wait to see your whole quilt together, even if "finishing" isn't your main goal. Your fabric choices just glow. You are an inspiration to keep me on track for getting my borders done too. I have no crochet abilities at all so admire yours. How large is that piece? Is it a throw?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blankie is 120 cm x 190 cm. I keep it on the back of the couch in easy reach on a cold evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There about a million leaves on those strips! Looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colours!! And its true: You get so addicted to these patterns and these fabrics. I have now been sewing on my Roseville Album for 11 month ( hand applique) , and now when I am nearly finished ( except for the quilting : another year!!!), I am scared: What wil i do with my life after finishing this quilt??????? he he LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry forgot to write my name: Anne , Copenhagen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful borders!

    Love the colours in your crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!!!! what patience and perfection! Great job!

    ReplyDelete