Sunday, August 5, 2012

I see Stars!

and stars, and stars
 

Oh so gorgeous!  I enjoyed piecing these babies, well, ok, I did curse a little :)
Only because I am impatient and a perfectionist, two traits that do not mix well.


Ahhhhh, these gorgeous colours, brightens anyones day, well, at least mine.  Only glued down at the moment, waiting for some sewing, I have another border scribbled over, waiting for gluing.
I have been reading the pattern for Pandamonium, oh boy, what an apt name for this quilt, and I read that it was hand pieced?!?! Hey Kim, how many decades did that take you LOL, I love to handpiece, but I would have to live until I am at least 140 to finish the projects on my list, and I am sure new ones would pop up that I just HAD to do.  I did a bit of gardening with my husband today (I would rather 'garden' in my sewing room, 41 sprig blocks that is!) now I have a sweet little garden beside my driveway (new house, don't have anything outside yet)   now, husband happy, watching the olympics, I am watching Dante's Peak, and working on my masterpiece :) Chat soon ladies xx Kelli

9 comments:

  1. Actually, impatient and perfectionist work for us quilters......we PUSH to see something done and it is done well. These blocks and colors just make me happy. I work on Pandemonium when I need cheering. Now I want to start my sprigs and twigs. I have enough fabric for 10 quilts I love it so much....and just want more. I probably need to be medicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. the color is great. I could just look at it and drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the stars-the way they're tossed, they look like paint! And your sprigs border is so luscious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Eileen, I can see that now you mention it, very cool!
    Enough fabric for 10 quilts eh Quilter501? Can I come over and play at your house?
    Cookie, thanks for the compliment, i do drool too, just have to keep it off the fabric LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, what a lot of stars, gorgeous too! Amazing you've got to the borders already, this quilt is going to look happy!
    Yes, I did the Pandemoinum by hand, it is quicker for me as my machining skills are pretty bad, I seem to end up a lot of reverse sewing. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you get all that handwork done? I am retired....no children at home any more and think I sew all day long mostly with machines...and then evenings I do hand applique....but I could never get a quilt like any of these done in a lifetime totally by hand. AND I LOVE HANDWORK.....just don't understand?????? :)

      Delete
  6. Great stars!
    Oh Kim, I am exactly the same. Thanks for saying that. Handwork is so much easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Kelli! Love the colors. I have all my stars done too except for the outer corners. Isn't it fun to have that whole pile of stars to look at and flip through?? I have only gotten the vines done on my borders so I loved seeing yours! Knee replacement surgery coming up for me so I hope to have lots of hand applique time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelli, your stars are gorgeous. The fabric choices make them sing. I took a break in machine piecing mine but seeing all you accomplished makes me want to get back to it. Those are blocks I definitely do by machine but I am finding I get much more accomplished by hand these days since my machine time is so limited.

    ReplyDelete