Friday, April 8, 2011

The Bizzy Bird Farm

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Yes, I plan on entering this into competition the first one being AQS Des Moines. This has to be done by May 20th, this year!!! So this is my first goal and all I can do is try to make it. I have already made a big change, yesterday had it basted together but I tried to hand quilt but the batting was too thick. I ripped out the small area of quilting and the basting and replaced the batt with Mountain Mist Polyester low loft batt. I just finished outlining the center fruit block and my hand quilting is much, much better. Glad I made the change. Planning on outline everything first then go back and add the "creative quilting". Still thinking about using large circles in the blocks, will let you know later when I decide.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did that! It would kill me, but it sounds like it was the right decision. Good luck--we'll be watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ambitious! Hope your quilting goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you on the quilt! I am steadily working away, but I am short of being halfway thru the blocks. I have been asked how I will quilt this, and I just get stuck past the first outline...

    I hope you can get this finished in time for the big quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration, Julee!!! Kudo's to you for sticking with your vision. I wish you ALL the best!!! Keep us posted. : )

    ReplyDelete