Sunday, October 16, 2011
I am presently working on this block. I made the basket leaving an opening for two stems, added the stems using a light box for placement. Then realized there was a third stem, ripped a few stitches to make room, appliqued the stems, noticed the background was a bit rippled between the stems and the basket, used a bit of steam to see if the bias stems would "relax a bit,-----acckk----there were two short bits of red thread on the ironing board and the red leached onto the background, dabed a bit with water and the spots lightened a bit, then decided that the flowers would probably cover the spots. I press on.
I also added a photo of the block that I had just completed.
I saw a photo of Julee's Roseville hanging proudly at the AQS show in Des Moine. Congrats on a gorgeous rendition.