Saturday, December 10, 2011




I FINISHED!!! I think there is easily over 1,000 hours of work in this so far. I started more than a year ago, and there has been a lot of distractions in my life during this project. But I kept going and have loved every minute of making this top. This is by far the most fun I have ever had and my best work yet! Thanks Kim for your inspiration.
When I started this pattern I was posting the blocks here as I finished quite often. Then for some reason I got locked out and was unable to post anything (computer issue on my end)... plus a new job, a few days away for the Houston International Quilt Fest and many other distractions have kept me away for quite awhile. Happy to be be back and to be able to share the finished quilt top.
You will notice that I changed the 4 corners to my own design. I also did my own thing on the border... I found this giant rick rack that I just loved and I think it fits here really well.
I have found material for the backing and will be starting the hand quilting sometime early next year.

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Thanks so much for sharing the completed top!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Congratulations on your finish Teresa!
    I love the colours and fabrics you have used; it is such a cheerful quilt.
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wonderful achievement You should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your corner blocks and rick rack. Makes it truly yours. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Congrats on your finish. I love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful piece of work--and work it is. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job on this and really put your own spin on it! Great choice on the rick rack, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your persistence has certainly paid off... this is gorgeous!! can't wait to see what you select for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rick rack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! you made it to the end. Your quilt looks absolutely beautiful. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful!!! love that you have "personalized" your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Teresa! I love your corner block and the giant ricrac as the border.
    Well done, love to see it quilted and hanging with a ribbon at some quilt show! Kim McLean

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Teresa, it knocks my socks off. I love, love the corner blocks and the giant ric rac, it's great. Can't wait to see how you're going to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love theway you've personalized the pattern to make the quilt your own. It's beautiful..and that ric-rac is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love theway you've personalized the pattern to make the quilt your own. It's beautiful..and that ric-rac is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's gorgeous!

    Debra Svedberg
    www.debrasvedberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is wonderful.....Lots of work but you have something extra special to take joy in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely gorgeous, you must be so proud of yourself. I can't wait to get my hands on Kim's patterns, well done :)

    ReplyDelete