Thursday, January 26, 2012

My first block

This i my first block to Flower Pots.
I have chosen a black background fabric for this quilt. It's Dimples from Andower fabric. I love how the colors just "pop".  It will definitely not be the last time i use a dark background.

I have recently finished a quilt by Susan Powell, and I must say, that going back to one of Kim's pattern, it feels like coming home. Very relaxing.

I do not need a quilt as big as the originally, so I had to modify it. So it will be done without the top and bottom panels. This way it will fit my wall. I have an idea, that I could use either of the the leftover panels, to make a small wallhanging, with sashing around.

.....Camilla

4 comments:

  1. Simply stunning!!!!!! Now I want to do a KM with ablack background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Camilla! Simply stunning - love the popping of colours. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that effect that black background has on your fabrics! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete