Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Back to the Garden!

It's been so long since I have posted here. Hello Everyone. I have been so inspired by Kim's latest and greatest incredible pattern Pandemonium (which I now have in my possession thank you Liza!). But before I will allow myself to even take a glance at that and begin planning fabrics to use and which blocks I will make, I am going to finish making my garden!


I am only making up five of the six gorgeous long flower panels in the centre of Kim's Flower Garden pattern, and I won't make the border, so really I only have two long panels to go, not much really, right?


I have enjoyed making my backgrounds blocks using various fabrics in stripes, I think I will need sunglasses to look at this when it is finished!


Once again I am reminded why I adore creating from Kim's patterns, her instructions are wonderful and those applique shapes are just so addictive!

Cathy
Cabbage Quilts xo

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so cheerful and happy! I really like your background and would never have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower garden is beautiful and your background is so striking and unusual. Can't wait to see your finish top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight! Using pieced backgrounds is such a creative way to feature these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! So many cool things to find with a background like that. Well done, Keep goin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous Cathy! As always! I just love the pieced backgrounds, very unusual and a great contrast to the flowers. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete