Sunday, May 6, 2012

May Be against Quilting Law

See all the little circles on this block.  Well, may be against Quilting Law, but I used my GoBaby Accuquilt Die Cut to cut all those little circles.  Perfect for the Roseville Album, which I had purchased my GoBaby before I started this quilt.  I am SO EXCITED.  I used my scraps, doesn't take much, choose the "Rose of Sharon" Die, placed scraps on the circles, wallah, in the turn of the handle I had enough circles for this square.  Oh My Gosh, girls go for it............perfect circles with line, freezer paper, etc.  This is really going to help me on the outside border.

9 comments:

  1. Smart! Happy circle stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using my GO! for my quilting projects. I also just bought a Silhouette Cameo that I am going to be using to cut all my appliques out for an entire quilt too. As soon as I find the time to play with it and get that going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who made that law? And who says we have to follow it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great Paula, haven't heard about this gadget before. Thanks for the info, will look it up! Your block is looking lovely, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I got a crafting die cut machine to cut small squares from my scraps to make a scrap quilt someday. I have squares from 1"-2.5" ready to go! Cutting circles this way is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So will you needle-turn them? Face them and turn them? Raw edge applique? Cutting is the easy part for me, getting a nice round edge is a bug a boo for me. I find facing with featherweight interfacing and turning is my best choice as long as they are at least 1.5" in diameter. Would love to hear your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. These circles don't have any interfacing. I'm needle turning them and it is going wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember when it was against Quilting Law to machine quilt? Bwahhhhahahahaha! I think you're going to be okay. Your only downfall is going to be everyone wanting to use your circle cutting machine.

    ReplyDelete