Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My 5th block

here is my 5th block, I really love sewing the Roseville Album.

Anne , copenhagen

Monday, November 28, 2011

Catching up

My last 2 cornerblocks.
They are darker than the other two, but the center flower is the same in all four.

The right side panel is finished also.
This one did not turn out quit as red as I was aiming for, but I think I like it anyway.

I did not use the Starch/perfect circles method either. I just mark my circles on the background fabric, and needle-turn them in place. It was a lot of fun to get them as round as I possible.

Next I have some big secret plans for the rest of the quilt. But you must wait a little while to see it being revealed. So stay tuned :-)


Wednesday, November 23, 2011


So I finally got around to put everything up on my designwall. First I thought i was going to do the cornerstones in the red background, but now i think i'll just stick with the coloured squares also.
I feel kind of proud of myself to have done everything from my stash, with some quite old fabrics that i don't even like anymore, because i really do like the result.

I'm working on the borderblocks now, but have nothing to show so that will be for next time.

Enjoy whatever you're doing!

Monday, November 21, 2011

ta da!

My chocolate Lollypop top is done!

purple, teal and some little border blocks

My purple Lollypop Tree

My teal Lollypop Tree with lots of Amy Butler fabrics

Two smaller borderblocks, love those little squares!

I have finished 9 large blocks and 2 smaller borderblocks now. I am still very much in love with this quilt and really happy with my turqoise dotted background.

Before I decide how many large blocks I want in my quilt, I will make all the borderblocks that are needed for a 9 x 9 blocks square quilt... though I would love to start working on my tenth block...


Look here is my Roseville album

Friday, November 18, 2011

Another completed center block plus the six other center blocks completed.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Third Roseville Album block finished

This has been another fun block to make. Can't wait to start the next one! :)

Here are the 3 blocks I have completed so far.

Thank you very much to everyone who left a comment on my last post.
It is great to be back sewing again!! :)

Friday, November 11, 2011

Kim & Keiko Flower Garden

More blocks...

And and the first panel done (I'm making 5 panels in total)...

The panel is almost 66inches x 10 1/5, not so easy to photograph!!

I could rave on forever over how much I adore Kim McLeans amazing appliques and Keiko Goke's marvellous fabrics!

Cabbage Quilts xo

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Roseville Album - my two first blocks

Here are my two very first blocks of Roseville Album.

I completely fell in love with Kim Mcleans quilt the first time I saw it and even though I never have made an applique project before I just had to make one myself.

Kind regards Pia Merete (Denmark)

Squirrel panel

Please forgive the poorly light on the picture. It was late at night when I took it.

I have looked at Kim´s quilt regarding the color choise, when I was picking fabric for the birds.
I am not so great in choosing color and Kaffe´s fabric.

The inner circle in the sun gave me quit a lot of trouble. I made several choises before settling with this one.

Over at the Danish blog I have pictures from the beginning to the end.

I did have a lot of fun doing this panel. It was very satisfying.

Now on to the last two cornerblocks.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Finished my Lollypop Trees top...

 I love it!  I had quite a mix of old and new Kaffe prints as I just kept buying and buying them.  It does measure square, I put it on the grass and photographed it off the deck so this is from 15' up.  I started mine in February and finished it last night.  

When I did the sashing I made pairs of blocks, then sewed pairs of pairs together without cutting between them.  I continued down the line and that was helpful in the sewing to sew multiple strips at a time.  I did pin the sashing strips to the quilts because I wanted it to line up exactly.  Offset corners would show up with the black.

These are my Kaffe fabrics I have left - most are 1/8 of a yard or so.  I am going to cut them into 4.5" width strips and make the backing out of them.  The design I am going to use is based on this one:

Volume in Scraps from Scrap Republic by Emily Cier.  Her quilt in the book is only about 60", I think, so I am making 15 columns of 4" strips which should come out to 100".  I might add another strip in there so the machine quilter will have enough of a backing.  

Thanks for sharing this journey with me.  I don't know when I'm going to make another Kim McLean quilt - I need to do this backing, then I have Lilly Pilly to make.