Sunday, April 6, 2014

A BOY AND A GIRL, AN ALBUM block #2


Heavens, it worked! I was trying to upload this pic a few hours ago and it wouldn't go, I was watching the grey status bar doing yo yos for half an hour or so. No idea what went on then.

So, this is the next block, there are 9 in total, finished size is 20" x 20" and the applique pieces are pretty big and not too many elements - easy peasy. Five of the blocks have figures in them and the other four have crossed sprays or round wreaths. A pretty simple quilt and you can gather up all the Kaffe Collective fabrics.
Did you know that there are new fabrics in Philip Jacob and Brandon Mably? PJ's Curly Baskets is right up my alley, lots of use for the fabric, like the his Shell and Scallop. Have a look, also Kaffe's Lake Blossom fabrics are back. I drooled over these newbies last night! K

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    That is going to be one more quilt to make, I am looking forward to it already! I love it! And now I am going to take a look at het new KF,PJ and BM fabrics....
    Digna
    The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying not to look at this as I don't need another quilt to make but I'm fast getting pulled in, I love this block, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim - your first two blocks look fantastic. It is good to see your work again. I can't wait to see whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this block! So cute! When you can't load a pic, do you restart your computer? That works for many computer ills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bev, that's what I did and it did work!

      Delete
  5. Your new quilt, block by block, is really going to energize the blog. Thanks for giving us some hints about the size and scope of the new quilt. I, too, have been drooling over Philip's Curly Baskets. Hmm, do I need it in every colorway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need it in every colour way Marion!

      Delete
    2. Liza is paying you to say that, right?

      Delete
  6. Hello, Kim. The block is fabulous! Love it and thanks for the heads up on the K,P and B fabrics. Was your photo over a MB in size. That's usually why it takes mine so long to upload. I try to resize mine so they will go better. Look forward to seeing more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the photo was a small email jpeg, I think I had a glitch in the computer. Those fabrics are yummy aren't they.

      Delete
    2. Are they ever! I may have to break my fabric fast. Loving your new quilt pattern!

      Delete