Sunday, April 6, 2014

A BOY AND A GIRL, AN ALBUM block # 3


Here is a block with cats and mice, I quite enjoy doing the mice, the circles are there to give a bit more colour to the block (and using the scraps). The large circle in the centre was done by appliqueing a large circle and then removing the centre portion. I think it would be hard using a bias stem strip as you would have to do the join very carefully.
I didn't have any problem with posting and uploading the pic this morning, it must have been a glitch in the computer. My email went down too, couldn't send anything and there were strange warnings that came with it. I unplugged everything from the sockets and left it for an hour and then restart. It seems to work. K

9 comments:

  1. The blocks are a joy to behold Kim. We've had computer issues that got fixed when we replaced our out of date router.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these new blocks and can't wait to see the full quilt. Will it have an appliqué border? I need to finish Flower Garden before I can start another appliqué quilt so I better get to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJ, yes, there are 4 different vine borders 12" wide, big leaves and weird flowers and four different corners. Finished size of quilt is 90" x 90". If you do all the freezer applique templates for this one and bagged them, you can start cutting up the pieces whilst you are doing your Flower Garden? K

      Delete
  3. The first time I saw your work was at a Houston market when I was there with my newest fabric line. I was blown over by your meticulous handwork, color sense and just the WOW factor in all quilt judging areas! This new piece will be outstanding, too. Partnering with Glorious Color has become your signature, and the appliqué world is grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, These are utterly delightful--I can't wait to see them each day. I am very pleased about the 20 inch size. It means I can use just one or two in a baby blanket or wall hanging--they look extremely adaptable. I'm lazier than everyone else--I tend to downsize when possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to finish (okay, okay START) Roseville, then this new pattern will be my next project. Absolutely loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're enjoying the photos, thank you!
    Have just posted the next one, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cats and mice are positively adorable!!! : ) The whimsy and colors of all these blocks make me smile, Kim. <3

    ReplyDelete