Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A BOY AND A GIRL, AN ALBUM top border


Yesterday, I posted the left border and now it has turned right to the top one, the elements here are different to yesterday's. Again choose the fabrics for the large leaves first, then balance the colours with the smaller motifs.

In yesterday's post, I was describing how I do my borders by taking a pic of the corner areas. Below is a photo of my border in process, it is showing the pieces in the top border, I must have started with the top one. I took the photo to remind me what fabrics I used in the corner area, so that when I get to do the left border, I wouldn't have to dig out the leaves out of the bag again.



The next photo showing the corner area of the bottom / left border. 

Is this what you are doing when cutting up? Will post the right border tomorrow, I'm going back to yesterday's and try to reply to comments, Cheers, K

2 comments:

  1. I do something similar, I lay out pieces of the fabric together and see if they all work and then I start cutting my shapes out. If I make this quilt I might have to do it the same as you have done Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I start "leafing" through my KF fabrics to select the best combination. And then I continue your way. And then I hope for the best... ;)

    I have a question for you, Kim: which fabric have you chosen for the stems in the borders of this quilt?

    Digna

    ReplyDelete