Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A BOY AND A GIRL, AN ALBUM block # 6






The next cross spray block, I chose blue and pink for the corner large elements, but choosing 4 different colours would work really well also. There was no reason for choosing the colours I did, I liked the fabrics!
Pull out 8 fabrics for the main elements and work the leaves in a colour that goes with them. The central petals were fussy cut from the Paper Fan fabric of long ago, but this fabric is coming back in the summer, I'm so happy to hear that as the fabric is really useful. Think of the hexagons or the stars you can do with it.
The blocks have 1" sashings in various Shot Cotton colours, so the total measurement of the block with sashings is 22" x 22", and with 9 blocks and the 12" border, the quilt has a finished measurement of 90" x 90". Be back tomorrow with the next block, K

8 comments:

  1. OH.... I LOVE these blocks! Kaffe is my favorite designer and you make his fabrics just SING!! Thank you for sharing your gift with us. I look forward to these patterns being released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what happened with the paper fan fabric! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    When can we start? I love block 1, I love block 2, I love block 3, I love block 4, I love... etc. etc. :)))))

    Digna
    The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, next one has just been posted, K

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and cheery!
    Are you doing this by hand or machine?
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia, I'm really useless with the sewing machine, applique was done by hand, piecing also. I had it commercially machine quilted. I did a machine applique class once and I was terrible at it. K

      Delete
  6. LOVE these colors and your fussy cuts too!!!

    ReplyDelete