Thursday, April 10, 2014

A BOY AND A GIRL, AN ALBUM block # 7

 
With this block, I used different colours for the horses and the birds and kept the leaves in green and the flowers in the blue-purple and red-pink. I love those Roman Glass fabrics( I think that is the name), there is one in a really strong purple and I've used it in the centre with a solid. Pretty simple.
Our daughter had horses for over 12 years when she was little and during her teenage years, she rode everyday and during that time I got to know horses a lot. They are such funny creatures and beautiful too. K

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,

    I should have added:: I even love the blocks we haven't seen yet! And so true it is! I love your choice of fabrics and colours!

    Digna
    The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy horses!!! : ) These fabrics and colors make the blocks positively joyous!!! Thank you for sharing with us, Kim. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. those horses tail are funny, cool!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a favorite, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you are killing me. I'm ready to leave home and my life behind so I can find a small trailer with great views and lots of cupboard space for my stash and spend the rest of my life making brightly colored applique quilts!!! I'm very tempted...just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you! I bet you'll find that there will be a village sprouting up around you with fabrics as staple, K

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made typos, in the previous, have posted block # 8.
    Would anyone know how to remove typos from comments? K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim,

    Beautiful quilt. Can't wait for the availability on Glorious Colors.

    I am in the process, very beginning, of appliqueing your Flower Basket Medallion. Did you quilt it after completion? It's very hard to see on line.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete