Wednesday, December 15, 2010

At last!



Hello all! I can finally stick my head up here to show you a Lollypop Trees block. After seeing the Lollypop Trees quilt at Kaffe's booth at quilt market, I decided I wanted to do Lollypop Trees with the black aboriginal dot as a background. I have had many thoughts on background since I've owned the pattern. Sigh. I recently had a lot of sitting down time and had to grab a hold of what was ready to sew. I won't even tell you how long I've had this block ready to stitch. I am glad I had a glorious design and beautiful fabric with which to stitch! It was fun to do and, well, just what the doctor ordered so to speak. Some sitting time was left over, so I stitched a little on a Roseville Album block too. Hopefully I will have more to come sooner rather than later. Happy stitching, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I'm doing 'Lollypops' now too. I went with what the pattern called for- light pastel backgrounds- and now I am regretting not going with a more colorful background. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy, what a beauty!!
    Glad you've managed to grab some sitting and stitching time in your busy days. Looks great,I love the background and your colours work really great and love the fussy cutting too!! Cheers, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! I love the flower fabric; I need to get some of that. I know what you mean about the background you wanted vs. the background you ended up with--sometimes you just have to get going! Your fabrics stand out beautifully on this one. I can't believe you are doing Lollipop Trees AND Roseville at the same time? No wonder I feel like a slug when I look at this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are beautiful...I need to get back to my blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this block! It's so light and cheerful. Great fussy cuts too!
    The quilt would have an entirely different feel with the dark background? Maybe you could do a wall hanging or doll quilt with the dark?
    I'm not happy to hear you've had to do some sitting..but I'm glad to see you made good use of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful block!! You have fussy cutting down to a fine art! Can't wait to see more.
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROCK it, AMY!!! I am SEW tickled you have joined in!!! WELCOME!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty indeed. I love your background. I hope you will love even more as you make more blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, awesome block Amy! it's so happy and cheerful. You made great use of the spare sitting time. I reckon the background is the hardest choice to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful block! I love your fussy cutting details.
    I can't wait to see your Roseville Album block!!!!!
    Glad you got some stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few weeks ago I posted a few of my blocks done on the black with white dots background. I've got quite a few done now and will take some pix this weekend and post a few more. Coming along fun, and I encourage others to take some chances with background fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your block just sings, it is wonderful and just says happy happy happy. Hope that you continue to find some time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete