Monday, December 27, 2010

My first post

I have long been a fan of KM's work. I love her colours and funky shapes. So when the Lollypop trees first came out I bought the pattern and a starter pack. I decided I wanted a bit of depth to the design so chose the chocolate aboriginal dots as a background. I cut out all the main shapes, basted the 16 large blocks, and then got distracted and forgot about it. I guess that was about 2 years ago. Your inspirational work as displayed on the blog inspired to pull it out and start sewing! Haven't got far yet but a start is better than no start.


I hope you are having a peaceful Christmas break.

Cheers, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog Deb! I love that chocolate print and the colours look wonderful on it. It sounds like you've done the time consuming part if the blocks are basted, now you can enjoy the stitching part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Agree I Love the B/G looks Great with your Fabrics...Welcome to the Gang..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Deb & the fabric colours will really pop on that dark background, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Deb! I bet you enjoy sewing them all down--you really do have the hard part done. And we will enjoy seeing them as they emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Deb, your colors are great and will be a great addition to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Deb!!! SEW glad you've been inspired and pulled out those blocks. Since you have ALL the laborious work done, stitching up your blocks should be a breeze!!! Thanks for joining in the FUN and sharing with us. We will be cheering you along and looking forward to more! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Deb! It looks like you're off to a great start? Keep going...we want to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Deb! Nice block and fun background choosen. Can't wait to see more of your blocks. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome! You sound like me (forgetting something I've done a lot of work on!). Your block is lovely--looks like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete