Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stars and Sprigs

These are the new additions to my Stars and Sprigs quilt. I made a few more appliqué blocks and made 3 stars to see how it goes. I did cut fabric for more stars; but have not finished the sewing. I will not trim the blocks until it is time to sew them together. The 2 blocks below are blocks 11 and 12. Block 11 was done over the Atlantic Ocean going east and 12 coming back west bound. They were in my carry on baggage; but the airline asked me to check my bag. So I did. The bag was lost; but I got it delivered 24 hours later in the middle of the night. I was so worried that I would not see them again. Never mind the new shoes and hat in the same bag. ;-)

14 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful, love all your fussy cut flowers. This pattern will be on my back burner for some time before I can get to it. Keep posting your progress, love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be sooo pretty! How awful to lose your bag - glad it finally got to you. Keep posting as you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look fabulous together, keep going, it's going to great to watch your progress. I'm glad you got your things back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your progress, I would feel the same about my things if they got lost on the airline. Your blocks and your fabric choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're off to a great start on your quilt! I love your fussy cuts.
    It had to be scary to lose your luggage? I'm so glad it showed up. This is a great story of the making of this quilt. Be sure to write it down and keep it with the quilt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story about the almost-lost blocks! You certainly have your priorities straight--quilts before anything else! Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Gad to hear you had your things returned safely...Pretty Blocks.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful fabric choices, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blocks are very pretty pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your comments and the great suggestion to write the almost lost story for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the pattern last month but have so many projects in the mix I decided it had to wait until after the new year...I do have a box where I keep tossing fabric to use in it though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your blocks are beautiful!!! What a story - I LOVE a happy ending. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous blocks! They certainly look very cheerful. Lovely colours, love it! Glad you got your luggage back. I 've been through that a couple of times and one actually never came back. This was in the pre - scan days. Cheers, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete