Monday, November 29, 2010

A Block! A Block!

I can't believe it, I've actually cut a block out, and I even started to stitch it last night. I'm pretty happy with the colours. I haven't picked the whole quilt out, I never do that. I just like to see where things develop.
Don't worry, there's other colours going over the top of that big dark vase, it needs breaking up.

I've decided that I'm going to have a designing holiday over the Christmas break and let myself play with all the half started things I want to play with, like this quilt and a few others I've had sitting around for a while, so you should be hearing from me a little more often after December 15!

If anyone is still interested in my tweezer scissors that I use for applique, I managed to source some in Houston and they are being delivered. I don't know how much yet, but I think about $12. If you're interested just send me an email!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it definitely sings and it has your signature look Sarah. I hope you find lots ofstitching time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep...loving those berries big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sarah! Love the background fabric, it goes really well with colours you've chosen. Look forward to the the rest of your projects after the 15th Dec, aren't you going to be busy with the Xmas stuff? Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you spot fabric would work for a Kim project! I cannot wait to get my hands on some having seen yours, it's fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stripey stems and all the yellow. I'm so in love with spotted backgrounds that it would be hard to use anything else now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a smashing block, Sarah!!! I LOVE your use of colors and the fabrics are oh sew harmonious together. I can't wait to see MORE!!! Enjoy your designing holiday. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red fabric has a wonderful 3 dimensional look to it! Love that. Your fabric choices always surprise and delight me so I have no doubt this block will look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW....your blocks are going to make a very out there quilt...im going to love this quilt i just know i am.

    ReplyDelete