Monday, November 22, 2010

New member introduction

Hi there, I've been following this blog for some time now and I couldn't resist buying the latest pattern from Kim. Last week it arrived in the mail and now I am adding fabrics to my stash to have enough to get started by January 2011. I look forward to share this journey with you!

I am Joke, short for Johanna, from The Netherlands, wife of a loving husband, mother of three (almost) grown-ups (25, 18 and 16 y.o.) , almost fulltime schoollibrarian. I have been stitching for quite some years and now I am trying to quilt. Until now I like applique the most.

For more information, please visit my blog.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome, I look forward to seeing your progress next year. It will be hard to wait until 2011 to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin, it sure will be hard, but I have some other projects to keep me busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome,it is a wonderful place to be. It is so much fun to see everyone's work, can't wait to see the start of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! Isn't Kim's Garden quilt pretty? (it's on my list to make too!) Your blog is full of lovely stitching--I look forward to seeing your blocks next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blog and happy stitching.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joke, welcome to the blog. I'll be making this one too but not starting until next year so we can have fun together with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the welcome, ladies. And for the lovely comment on my stitching too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joke,

    Can't wait till Jan 2011, look forward to seeing your first block.
    I also have a cousin in Holland called Joke, unfortunately we've lost touch, haven't seen her since we were 5 yr olds when my uncle & aunt and children moved to Holland. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, it would be nice if I could say it's me, but no, I was born here ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi and welcome, Joke! I shall look forward to seeing your Garden blocks. ; )

    ReplyDelete