Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Kim"spiration

Before I was blown away by the Roseville pattern and finally committed to tackling a "real" Kim quilt, I was a follower and admirer of her patterns on Glorious Color. You can see her influence in this baby quilt I adapted from a pattern called "Flowering Vines" by Becky Goldsmith. By the time I was ready to make the borders, I had the Roseville pattern; those are Kim's birds on the top. (I probably should have asked your permission, Kim, but I promise I'm not selling any patterns!)
Avery Rose is my newest great niece, the first child of my nephew and his wife. Apparently Avery didn't know first babies were supposed to take their time. She arrived precipitously on the living room couch and was delivered by a Chicago fire fighter! I don't usually make such elaborate baby quilts, but I just couldn't help myself once I discovered the fun of fussy cutting.

Now I'm well into Roseville. Separately I'll post a new finish (mostly because I haven't figured out how to put the photos where I want them). Can anyone help with that?

11 comments:

  1. Mary Jo is sitting here with me and we are marveling once again at how beautiful this quilt is. You are our inspiration--you keep us both going. Lucky Avery Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame Avery Rose for her early arrival--who wouldn't come early to get such a lovely quilt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my name was Avery Rose and I recieved a gorgeous quilt like this.

    It's absolutely adorable what a lucky little girl.

    Adele in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute Marion, glorious applique used in another direction. Your corner blocks are cute also, still love the pink.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Quilt for a Special Baby with a Pretty Name.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! No wonder Avery Rose was so anxious to get here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky little girl Avery Rose is... no wonder she was in such a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky baby Avery Rose, what a gorgeous quilt!!
    Of course you can use the birds, they are looking very chirpy there, they go there in the border. Beautiful quilt! How big is it? Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is 46" x 51.5." Thanks for your encouragement, Kim. I am crazy about all of your birds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Preciosos todos tus trabajos. Un saludo desde Madrid (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful!?!?!? Such a lucky and loved little baby girl. What a treasure this quilt will be for her. ; )

    ReplyDelete