Monday, February 21, 2011

block 5


I was truly shocked to find i didn't post since early january. But here it is, my block #5.
For the leaves i used what is mostly used as a background. But since my background is this nice red, i figured i would use my 'background' fabrics in a different way. So far, i do like where this is taking me, but still very anxious to see the outcome because i still don't know where i am heading.
I also like my sometimes quirky circles, doing them the needleturn way. I feel it fits the playfullness of the quilt to be.
Have fun.

7 comments:

  1. I like your red background a lot and the quirky circles are what I did, it suits the folk art look. I think your fabrics look great, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is going to be gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see all the blocks. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great together! I like how they each have a color theme, but still coordinate nicely with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great Francoise! I think they are coming along nicely. Love to see some pink pieces on the red background, may be on another block ( but then I'm a pink girl though) Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be fabulous, love the red background that you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY pretty Francoise! I love your red background, and I understand how different it must be to choose the applique pieces. You're doing a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is oh sew FUN, Joke!!! I adore that RED background. ; )

    ReplyDelete