Thursday, February 17, 2011
Roseville Bottom Panel
I finished another panel, Yeah! One step closer to my goal of May 20th. I made a few minor changes. For starters I accidentally reversed the pattern for the trees so all my birds and circles are in slightly different areas. Since we use to raise black Angus cattle, I had to make them out of black fabric and of course, a Bull....our close friends thought I needed a mule (because they have mules), thus the long ears on the pink one and we had several outdoor cats even a yellow one. I'm not familiar with the long horn billy goat, but I must confess, this is one piece that I sewed partly on with yellow fabric and thought it was too light and replaced it with the blue poka dot. This blue is much better and is very eye catching. This has been my favorite 'block' to sew, so far. This was a fun panel to do even though it took me 2 1/2 days for each tree.
Working on the top panel and already have most of it cut out and have sewed on one tree. I sure like having all of those circles ready for sewing.