Sunday, February 6, 2011
Lollypop, Lollypop - My first Lollypop!
1. Line up the bottom of the leaves for sure - when they're off, it shows more there (see first set of purple polka dot leaves).
2. Make sure there's enough seam allowance under the stem.
3. Makre sure there's enough seam allowance with the little leaves/big leaves (do you sense a theme?).
4. Consider staying with more of a color theme -- leaves down the center seem to have continuity -- it gets a little wild with the branches and circles.
5. Kay Buckley is a life saver as is basting the center intersections/sewing lines
6. Cutting out circles and basting at a friends house is perfect way to use time. An "inventory" of pre-made circles makes you feel rich.
7. Smaller basting stitches make for fewer puckers on circles
8. Wet toothpicks can be your best friend
9. No matter how sure your block is safe after you've laid it out, be sure to take a pix because your husband will find it and accidently knock it in the floor.
10. Circles left unattended after basting around the templates will roll under the lowest pieces of furniture in the house when said husband accidently knocks over the block.
You all are lifesavers and have helped make this journey "glorious"!