Thursday, January 27, 2011

Completed Heart


I managed to finish the centre heart last night. I think I can say that I've overcome my fear of all those curves now! I've never appliqued shapes of this size before - or so many curves either. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the stitching. I swapped to using freezer paper templates so that I could cut away the fabrics at the back. Progress will probably slow down now as it will probably take me some time to choose which fabrics to use for the leaves and circles - I'm a fully qualified procrastinator!

13 comments:

  1. wonderful block, you did a great job.....can't wait to see the rest of this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, great job on the little "fingers".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Theresa! Aren't you glad the inside edge of the heart doesn't have little fingers too? ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Theresa! I made this one last year and those "fingers" or "tongues" or "petals" were very intimidating. You'll have a lot of fun with the rest of it. At least I think you will--I only did one more border and called it a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! Now the fussy cutting fun begins...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on this, I like the light blue and red combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! It is looking positively wonderful, Theresa!!! Don't procrastinate too long - we NEED to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous Theresa, great stitsching on the fingers, you'll be steaming ahead now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Theresa!! It does't look like this is the first time you've done curvy applique. It looks like you've been doing it for a long time.
    Heart looks great! Keep us updated, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Love the poka dot fabric....

    ReplyDelete