Friday, January 7, 2011

Done with Three!

Although this block was partially finished at Thanksgiving, the block and I had a few technical difficulties (I cut off part of one of the pieces by mistake, forgot to add the centers, etc.).  But it's finally done, well more or less....


Looking at the photo, the centers on the blue flowers look really blah. In real life, they aren't that bad, but aren't great.  I think maybe darker would be better?  For now I've decided to leave everything (that's sewn) alone until all the blocks are done, otherwise I'd be forever swapping them around (indecisive is my middle name), and I think for me it's better to finish, than continue to fuss with it.  But please feel free to make suggestions...I'll probably change it (and more) later. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Don't change a thing it's perfect the way it is - Beautiful Block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indecision your middle name, are you a Libra by any chance? Love the block the way it is, the vase is lovely, great fussy cutting. If I had unlimited supplies of Kaffee Fasset material I'd be fussycutting my way to heaven. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on this same block. Your looks great - I would not change it. The eye will naturally focus on the vase, and it looks very well done. The other prints work really well together - and overall its is beautiful. Step back a bit - literally - and picture it with all the other blocks. Great job. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't change anything either. It's well balanced and your fussy cutting is wonderful! But I think that part of the problem for a lot of us is that we love fabric, one piece more than the next, so choosing between them becomes challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect as it is, in my view! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block is so pretty! I especially love the base of the center flower(sepal?). The centers of the blue flowers repeat the color from the tips of the leaves and looks nice. I think the color just looks a little washed out in the pic? Some fabrics don't show up well in pics for some reason? Your vase is beautiful.
    Which block is next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks terrific to me and I think when it's paired with other blocks, you'll have forgotton about all these little pieces. I hope we've all convinced you, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are our own worst critic. I think your block is VERY beautiful, Donna!!! I REALLY am drawn to the orange color placement in the larger leaves. Those leaves work masterfully with the central flower center and your circles at the bottom of the block. I say, "WELL DONE!!!" : )

    ReplyDelete