Saturday, January 29, 2011

Two More Lollypop Trees


I finally got back to working on my Lollypop Trees after the holidays.  I think this is the easiest applique'  I have ever done.  All the pieces are large and have gentle curves and large points.  Great quilt for  someone new to applique'. I started another project - not one of Kim's - and am finding it difficult after being spoiled by this one.
I have four of the large blocks left to do and then all the small one's.  This has been a fun quilt.

8 comments:

  1. These blocks are so joyful Nancy! :)
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nancy, Really love your choice of colors. I just ordered a Kim MCL pattern at Glorious Color, collected Kaffe Fassett fabrics and can't wait for the pattern to arrive. It's the Roseville Album and I hope it's not to difficult for me. Still have to practice applique and don't know yet what is the best way for me. Freezer paper or something else.......
    Thanks for sharing you beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt..the colors just make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy, what yummy blocks! Love all your fussy cutting and choice of colours. Well done.
    Glad you're enjoying the stitching. They are easy to applique. Hope to se more! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo excited to have found this blog! I was just reading the latest on Kim in QuiltMania mag. and was blown away! Hopefully I will learn something here!

    Anna
    www.wooliemammoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Nancy! May we see ALL of your blocks together, please...?! ; ) I love your use of fussy cuts and the just right splashes of dark to make your blocks and colors POP!

    ReplyDelete