Monday, January 24, 2011
Hearts and Flowers - a bit of progress
I've finally made a little progress on the centre panel of the Hearts and Flowers quilt. I was so excited when I began this last year but I got a bit intimidated with those squiggles. I had decided to try the back basting method and everything was going wonderfully until I came to actually do some sewing. I unpicked a few stitches and couldn't see where I should have been turning the fabric under - maybe the thread I used wasn't thick enough (I used quilting thread) or perhaps my stitches were too big, I'm not sure. Anyway, I struggled through one squiggle and then put it away for 'later' on! I've managed to overcome the problem by using my white Sewline to draw along the stitched line and over the weekend I've managed to stitch quite a bit - I enjoyed it enormously once I settled down with the white pencil method :) I thought I would post a picture of my progress so far and wanted to say how much I enjoy looking at all the beautiful and inspiring work on this blog.