Monday, January 17, 2011

Finally finished with four!

I started stitching this block way last fall, but it has so many pieces, I have to admit I got discouraged--the little flowers seemed to take forever, and I know my stitching is less than great in several places. I also couldn't decide which color to make the birds.  (yes, I am an indecisive Libra)  Rather than stall the whole Roseville Album process, I started working on different blocks.

Last night I finally decided on pink wings, and thought I had it finished, but after washing the block, one of the birdy's wings was loose where I had stopped to rethread and forgotten to go back--the downside of using glue since it all looks fine until you wash it.   So I finally finished it for real this morning. Hooray!

13 comments:

  1. The pink wings are a perfect choice! I love the way you fussy cut them too.
    Yes, those little flowers are kind of fiddly to do..but that block has so much oomph, it's worth it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Libran I have got to tell you it looks great. Bravo!! Cheers Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on this same block. I used the same fabric for the vase, but I am making all those little flowers out of wool - adds diversity plus I don't have to turn the edges. I think it will be worth all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all your choices and fussy cuts. Looks Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Donna!! Well done, those little petals are a bit of a pest, but they look great on don't they. I tried drawing the block with circles - that didn't work on paper,so I decided to bite the bullet and just go with it. Your block looks stunning! Chers, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous block, the pink wings were worth waiting for. The urn is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From one indecisive libra to another, great fabric choices. Your urn is great and the fabric choices for the spiky things is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric in the urn is great! Love the way it flares to the edges.
    Thanks for the heads up on the flowers; I know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great and I agree those flowers took forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, your block is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the colors you chose and the fussy cutting you did. I think the teal rim on the urn is perfect. I shall look forward to seeing more! ; )

    ReplyDelete