Saturday, January 8, 2011

Six complete

Thank you for all your great comments on my last post, some requested seeing the blocks pictured together, so here they are.....

Seeing them like this has made me realise that I need to plan the colour combinations for the remaining lollipops so that they all look good together. I also remembered a previous post by Janet on colour values & seeing them better by removing the colour from the image & you can see in the photo below this is going to be a valuable tool in planning future blocks.

Once again thanks for all the good advice given on this blog, I am learning so much as a novice patchworker/quilter & really appreciate all the tips shared.
Now back to block 7, happy stitching :)

10 comments:

  1. You must be so excited--this is fantastic! Hard to believe you're a novice. The background is perfect--the flowers show up so dramatically. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your color combinations! Very striking! I'm going to try your grayscale photo technique and check for value in my blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gisele I love them all together!! thank you for doing that for me! This is next after my Heart.. which is delayed due to a book I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocoks are great! Love the colors. How did you do the greyscale?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting the blocks together, they look fantastic. The two lighter blocks really give the quilt a punch and a glow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, just beautiful, Gisele. Your use of colors, fabrics and fussy cuts is really quite stunning!

    Color value is an important tool. I once took a class with Sally Collins who said, "Color gets all the credit, but value does all the work."

    Your blocks are lovely all together. I am looking forward to block #7...?! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... I love your blocks and you are about to convince me that a dark background is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the mix of light and dark. It looks like sunshine peeking through the clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! Really like the dark background, really makes them all pop.

    ReplyDelete