Monday, March 28, 2011
New Tip and almost done!
I had a mishap on all of my corner blocks. I took them with their cut out pieces for each block with me on my week vacation, which I sewed only on two nights. I spilled coffee in my sewing basket and didn't know it until I got home. The coffee soaked thru all blocks and some of my thread. I soaked and washed all of it but on 2 of the background pieces I could see a slight color difference. Since I'm going to do competition with this quilt I decided to start over, had one block almost done and partially another. I have since cut out the pieces that were sewed and I had just enough background to cut the 4 blocks out again, soooo glad I bought extra as it was on SALE.
As i usually do, I made some changes. I didn't put the birds in the corner blocks as I didn't want any birds upside down so I used the 2" circles and a smaller size circle to create this flower. Also changed the borders, using many flowers from the center adding little birds and added a cat and there will be 2 cats on top and bottom borders. I may add more circles but will decide this when I get it all set together.
TIP FOR THE DAY - I have left the selvage on my out side borders (remember to allow seam allowance for the pattern placement). I do this when possible because it helps to stop strecthing while sewing and quilting. I will cut it off after I'm done quilting and before I add my binding.