Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roseville top panel


I got a lot accomplished this weekend. I finished the top panel, finished cutting out the corner blocks, made all the 1/4" vine for outside borders and made the bias binding. I always try to make my binding ahead, just in case I don't have enough fabric or forget and use it some where else. I'm using the black with purple dots for this as I wanted a dark fabric to "frame" my quilt.
I used the pencil fabric on the house to give it a log home effect and pyramids fabric for the tile roofing. I also used the golden yellow for windows, looks like my house is glowing or just left all the lights on... one of the yellow cats looks more like a fox than a cat and I changed the rooster...I ususally change things from the original patterns, guess to make it more personal.
Well I need to get back to 'SEWING' if I want to keep on track with my goals....and thanks for all the wonderful comments.

18 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous - a lot of fun with colour!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed, and what a fantastic piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't the colour look fabulous on that black and white background? Wonderful job Julee. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! I could happily live in that house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite fabric is the roof! Perfect. Love the panel. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your productivity leaves me breathless! Your panel is just a delight. The cats' fussy cutting is excellent. That black and white background fabric adds a layer of complexity to the quilt that will make viewers of the finished quilt come back again and again to look more closely at all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just spent 20 minutes going over every detail in your wonderful top panel. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a treat to be able to see your panel a bit closer. I love your fabric selections and the fussy cuts. Such a wonderful use of color and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background really makes those colors pop! Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing progress, Julee! I love all your fabric choices, but my favorite is that palm tree. And I agree with Ann that it is great to be able to see it closer to appreciate all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am impressed at how much you got done in one weekend. Just making binding is an all-weekend project for me! Your house fabrics are brilliant. I really like the fabric you chose for the house on the right. I have that print and never would have guessed it would work so nicely on a narrow tree shape. Congratulations on a terrific quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is gorgeous! I think I'll have to buy this one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're very good at colour and value balance Julee. It looks fantastic and that's just how I'd love to do the house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Julee, beautiful fabric choices. It looks like you're having a grand time sewing this quilt. Not long to go now. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background fabric in this panel reminds me of snow! While many of us don't want to think about snow.....it is a beautiful panel! Love the log cabin with the tile roof. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful, lots of beautiful and fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! I've never tried applique, but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julee, I really love the house! It's got a warm and fuzzy feel to it. Actually, I like the whole block. You've made it yours.

    ReplyDelete