Sunday, March 6, 2011
Roseville top panel
I got a lot accomplished this weekend. I finished the top panel, finished cutting out the corner blocks, made all the 1/4" vine for outside borders and made the bias binding. I always try to make my binding ahead, just in case I don't have enough fabric or forget and use it some where else. I'm using the black with purple dots for this as I wanted a dark fabric to "frame" my quilt.
I used the pencil fabric on the house to give it a log home effect and pyramids fabric for the tile roofing. I also used the golden yellow for windows, looks like my house is glowing or just left all the lights on... one of the yellow cats looks more like a fox than a cat and I changed the rooster...I ususally change things from the original patterns, guess to make it more personal.
Well I need to get back to 'SEWING' if I want to keep on track with my goals....and thanks for all the wonderful comments.