Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turkish Tiles Border Block #1

You may remember seeing my post on Sunday March 6th about Kim's quilt called Turkish Tiles.  Due to your encouragement I have started working on it again.  So thanks to everyone for being so wonderful.  It is a large quilt; there are 24 border blocks measuring 10" square.  Here is my first:


Lots of applique in an exquisite design.  It was fun auditioning the fabrics.  Now it's time to turn my attention to a second block.

If you would like the pattern to Kim's "Hearts and Flowers"  quilt from the post by LuAnn,  it is in the Kaffe Fassett book "Quilt Romance".


Coincidentally, I am hosting a giveaway for this book.  Just click here to visit.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, Liz, your fabric choices are blowing me away! Those fabulous fussy cut "tulips" and the checked outline of the center element help make the block look even more complex than it already is. Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start Liz, very pretty and great fabrics
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were inspired to start again--it's going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore your fabric choices! Your stitching is beautiful too. I'm so happy to see you're working on this beautiful quilt again. I'm anxious to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful block. The tulips, the colors, the workmanship................sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you've been inspired to get back to this gorgeous quilt. The block is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabric choices, it's a gorgeous block and going to be a fabulous quilt. I wish the pattern were available, it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric choices are so nice!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your block, your flowers even look three-dimensional. I cannot wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely block Liz, well done! Glad you've started on this quilt again, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim,
    Is there any resource for getting your Turkish Tile pattern besides the ones posted in the 2005 QNL?

    Thanks!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete