Sunday, September 5, 2010

I think I'm ready to take the plunge?

I ordered the starter pack from Glorious Color to supplement what I have on hand. They were out of the fabric that was used for the stems, so that threw me a bit.
I wanted something dark, for richness...and went through my stash to see if I had anything that would work.
I have several prints with brown that I thought I'd use for some of the animals, so I was looking for something that didn't clash. I ended up choosing the brown in the bottom right of my pic. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think it will work?
I chose a background that was pretty neutral, but had a bit of color too. It's actually listed as an Easter fabric, but it doesn't scream Easter..so I'm going with it.
I'm excited about getting started! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, so this is why you finished the basket project!! LOL

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you work your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics look very, very cool. I'm wiping the drool off the keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann
    Love your background.
    I am sure your Roseville will be as striking as your Princess Feather.
    I am using up the odd bits of bias stems I have saved from past projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ann your background is going to be so fun! Your right I think its perfect!
    I am so excited that your going to be working on this quilt too.
    I am looking forward to seeing your progress, I know you will have this quilt done before any of us!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know, www.cvquiltworks.com has the brown Aboriginal Dot in stock. So, if you still would like some, check them out. Your fabrics look great to me. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "Easter" background fabric! And love the fabric at the bottom of it--swirly different colors, very interesting the smidge of it that I can see. All your fabrics look fun--can't wait to see the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can tell your fingers are itching Anne. I think the chocolate looks great and I love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these fabrics, Ann! What a perfect background. You're right, it doesn't shout Easter! I also like that dark brown fabric for stems. Can't wait to watch your progress...!? Glad you finished up your LOVELY Little Baskets and are ready to join us!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete