Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Lollipop Girl now has fabric

I arrived back from vacation to find a box of beautiful Kaffe fabric waiting for me. I ordered my fabric from glorious color and it was such an adventure just looking at every piece of fabric. I think I'm beginning to realize how much fun it is when you do something that is so far out of the box. I am making the lollipop quilt, I decided on all three background fabrics. I probably have made over 100 quilts, mostly reproduction fabrics and I have always used a white or an off-white fabric as a background. I have been too afraid to even use a print as a background. I figured if I was going to go that far out of the box and use a polkadot, why not use all three and mix them up.




It was really hard to know how much fabric to order, I ordered long quarters, I think it is really a good size. I think there are so many different things that can be cut out of each piece of fabric. It is just going to matter where the template is placed, that is going to be the fun part, doing the fussy cutting to pick the pieces for the applique.









I just don't know where I have been, I guess I have been so focused on reproduction fabrics that I have not looked at anything else, how could I have missed these beautiful fabrics for so long. They are now in my quilting room and it looks like a very happy, happy, happy room.









The florals are just amazing, every colorway is so beautiful, they just sing.

lollipops, lollipops, lollipops,

The stripes, polka dots and other simple designs are just so happy.






I ordered so many beautiful fabrics, happy fabrics to make a beautiful lollipop quilt and definitely probably ordered enough to make another one of Kim McLean patterns. I will say one thing, this is going to be the happiest quilt I have ever made.

Looking forward to sharing more of the journey with you all.

Happy stitching,
Rosemary Youngs
The Lollipop Girl

17 comments:

  1. oh lollipop, how glorious those fabrics are, I am curly up in envy here, I really do have to get my a into g and start looking for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Rosemary. You did a great job picking glorious color. Look forward to your first tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stash! You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I've mostly used repros in the past. Once I bought some of these intense fabrics and worked with them I was hooked! Your going to have a wonderful adventure Rosemary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Many Gorgeous Fabrics
    Looks like heaven

    Hugs & ♥♥♥s
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary what a HAPPY Post!!! I can't WAIT to watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea about the different backgrounds. That will add yet one more element of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! Fabric in every color of the rainbow. It's just like Christmas. I should be back in GR in a week or so and can't wait to see your first block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful assortment! The different backgrounds is a great idea. Can hardly wait to see your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, well Rosemary - you've had a great time shopping! I love those happy fabrics too. Love to see your blocks as you sew them. Don't forget to post those blocks, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your happiness is catching and you are right, those fabrics are so cheerful. I shall look forward to seeing the progress.
    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ther'll be no going back now, I hope you enjoy working with the fabrics. You have a wonderful range but I bet you'll want more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lollipop girl, it will be wonderful to watch you bring this quilt together. So glad you have found Kaffes divine fabrics, I have been in love with his fabrics for quite a few years now and NEVER get tired of looking at them. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beaytifull fabric you have
    the wonderful colours and prints!
    Have a lot of fun to make the quilt

    Ineke from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous range of happy colours Rosemary, you cannot fail to smile on seeing all that joy. I can see you're going to have real fun with your lollipops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a JOYFUL post, Rosemary!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Kaffe and COLOR!!! And, aren't Kim's designs just perfect for this palette...?!?!?! I will SEW enjoy your evolution and journey!!! Thanks for spreading your excitement and enthusiasm!!! It's contagious. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh gosh Rosemary I'm drooling over your stash, what a wonderful box of goodness to arrive home to.

    ReplyDelete