Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introduction

Hi all! I'm a brand spanking newbie here. I've loved Kaffe's fabrics and Kim's patterns for quite a while now and have finally decided to take the plunge. They're not doing me any good sitting on the website, so I have to make a purchase.
I've been doing applique for several years so that's not my problem. My dilemma is which pattern would be the best to start off with? If you had to pick, which one would you do first to get your feet wet?
My guild is having it's biennial show at the end of the month so I'll be able to pick up some fabrics then.
I'm getting excited!!
TTFN

6 comments:

  1. Hi, and welcome, Eileen,

    I chose Roseville to begin my use of Kaffe's fabrics...........but I love all of Kim's patterns, and I suggest that you pick the one you love the most. That way you will be more inspired to keep working. At least that's how I do best. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Eileen! You've joined the right group as there is always a lot of inspiration and advice available here. I am new, and just starting the Roseville, so I'm not the best one to answer your question, but ALL of Kim's patterns are wonderful--it's hard to choose just one. (And there's a new one due out soon that Janet's been working on that you might enjoy too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen I decided on the heart as I want to finish it quickly... but lollipops are next! As long as you love it you will be motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen, welcome to the club! Since you are accomplished at applique, go with the one that's calling your name the loudest. I think the Lollipop trees is the easiest pattern to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eileen, I'm glad you're going to do one of the patterns, choose one that you love? I had a lot of fun with the Roseville, every block is different till the last vine border. Easiest is probably the flower pot medallion, lots of leaf shapes to cut but you don't have to think too much. The lolypop is pretty easy too as is the heart medallion in Kaffe's book. Trust your instinct! Cheers, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the group! I think you should choose the pattern that speaks to you the most? Also..maybe the size of the finished quilt matters as to where you'll use it?

    ReplyDelete