Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Flower Pot quilt

Hi to all!
My newest applique project is the "Flower Pot" quilt by Kim McLean. I love the large sized applique pieces. I use the starch method of applique since I am too slow with traditional needle turn. I really like many of Kim McLean's patterns and chose this one for the lovely panels and center blocks. Plus I have to leave a little space for an amazing quilter to "play".

I've been following this blog for a couple months now and finally decided to join this friendly blog. I am pulling fabrics from my own stash and using everything in the reds/orange/aqua/blue range. This quilt is a wonderful way to use up those brights and Kaffee Fassett prints I've been collecting! I am using two different batik backgrounds which are similar, but not identical. I've been amazed at all the great fabric stashes you all have and the workmanship looks wonderful. Thanks for all your tips and techniques. I'm learning alot!
Hugs - Pam Gavin

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks, Pam! I love your use of reds, oranges, aquas, etc. Very bright and FUN. Welcome, and thanks for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous blocks Pam and the background is really wonderful with the Kaffes.
    Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too think you have a nice pick for the background. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the group Pam!
    I love the color scheme you have going. Gorgeous blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stinkin' cute! I'm going to have fun with the quilting on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you are having a LOT of fun.. those the purple flower in the one spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Pam, your blocks are beautiful. I like the different backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blocks Pam!! Great colours. I'm glad you've joined us, it is a friendly place and I love reading all the posts & comments. I'm always amazed at all the gorgeous applique that have been posted. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful..Thanks for sharing.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete