Friday, September 24, 2010

Wow!

I was feeling a little impatient and wanting to get started on something. I have Kaffe's Quilt Romance book so I decided to order up some fabrics for the Hearts and Flowers quilt and 3 of them arrived this morning. I might have mentioned in my previous post that I've never seen any Kaffe fabric in real life - my LQS doesn't stock any of it. I opened the envelope this morning and the colours quite took my breath away, I really was speechless. Hopefully my Glorious Color order should be going into the mail today so I'll soon be able to play along, in the meantime I'm off to get the pattern copied/enlarged so that I'm ready to go as soon as it arrives...I did add in one of the 'collections' so that I can build up a stash of Kaffe ready for the Stars and Sprigs quilt.

10 comments:

  1. Good job Theresa! Aren't those fabrics luscious? I too was swept away by Hearts and Flowers and am almost done with a small version. I used all the fabrics you bought--and more. I must say I have enjoyed every single stitch so I know you'll have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the start of a wonderful collection. The fabrics are great in real life, so luscious that you might need to keep buying more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're off to great start? I can't find any of the purple with dots, so you already have a better stash than mine! ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My all time favorite fabric is that middle one millefiore (I think I spelled that right). I have it in the blue, white, and red, and would buy more if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you 'need' some purple with dots Ann, it is in London here http://www.tikkilondon.com/00FabricRowan.htm

    I love the millefiore Robin...I think some more colours will definitely find their way into this house, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEE why it's GLORIOUS COLOR?!?!?! The deep, rich, vibrant, lush colors practically vibrate with positive energy, excitement and FUN!!! ENJOY and welcome, Theresa!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you're well & truely hooked Theresa!It didn't take much did it, just 3 fabrics LOL. Looking forward to seeing your Hearts & Flowers grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And how about that beautiful candy cane striped flower? Won't that look great fussy cut somewhere? Have fun! and play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that blue middle fabric makes my heart skip a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Theresa, these fabrics are so luscious aren't they! I smile when I see mine stacked in the baskets. Have fun making the quilts and please post the photographs - I just love seeing everyone's work. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete