Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Have Started


I have had my pattern and fabric for several weeks and then stalled...hand or machine applique. I like to do both. Finally, after weighing several time factors and current hand applique projects I decided to do my Roseville Album with machine applique. I like to use a blanket stitch to applique and I already had threads to match most of the beautiful Kaffe Fassett fabrics. So I started in the middle of the quilt with the fruit compote block. I didn't vary too much on fabric choices from the pattern, but I will get braver with these bright fun fabrics as I go. I have enjoyed every bodies posts and have learned a lot from this blog.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

12 comments:

  1. I love it. It is beautiful.

    -Samya ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block makes me smile, Cheri! I LOVE your fussy cuts. : ) Your colors and use of fabrics is spot on!!! I can hardly wait to see your next block...?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start. Hope you are having as much fun as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Which block will you do next?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was good at Machine Applique..would be much quicker...Love your Block Especially the Vase fabric...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric for the big fruit and the urn looks wonderful. In fact it all looks great but those are the parts that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're off to a great start! Your stitching is very nice, and something I'm not comfortable with myself. Beautiful fussy cutting. It's going to be fun to watch your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheri, what can I say! the block is absolutely gorgeous and I love the polka dot seed in the middle of the fruit. Really great fabric choices.
    Love to see the next one! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to blanketstitch for machine applique, too. Your block looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete