Friday, September 3, 2010

one corner and looking for more of...


working on the applique around the heart...first go

changed to this... don't you LOVE that fabric.. everyone should have yardage of prints like this.. just in case! but it's still not right

changed to this... I am really not a 'blendy' kind of girl so I needed some more contrast... I will also do darker blanket stitching so the thread work is more of a feature. (FYI you can click the photos for larger images)

and looking for some of this... anyone have some to trade?

pat sloan
http://www.typepad.patsloan.com
ps... if you enjoy free patterns I'm hosting a "Lucky Charms" sew along at my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Pat, you're really movinhg along with this one, it's looking like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the third foto. Good idea darker blanketstitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks GREAT! ah yes darker thread love the look of that.
    or even a variegated thread

    ReplyDelete
  4. I glad to see your progress. Everyone has their own idea of what goes together and I think it gives me courage to try something different than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're working fast! Your Hearts & Flowers looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Pat. I too think a darker thread color will make your fabric choices POP! You GO. ; )

    ReplyDelete